Mechanic Martyn
Mechanic Martyn, Mechanic
Experience:  Advanced trade certificate in Automotive engineering

Ford Escape: fuel economy..hybrid..for our trips to mt Hood..100 miles

I have a long and complicated question. It has to do with fuel economy and what my manfriend considers the logic of me getting a non-hybrid Ford Escape so that I/we wouldn't have to use the Land Cruiser for our trips to Mt Hood for snowboarding, and my occasional use across the mountain pass for work. I want something more fuel efficient because I often times have to drive over 100 miles a day for work on flat ground. HE says that it is a logical choice for me to get the 4wd because we wouldn't have to use the Land Cruiser as often and that is just plain logic. I say his love of trucks and his macho-ness far exceeds his logic. Can you help me with this? Oh, and even though he thinks that I should have 4wd, he doesn't want to help me pay for it.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mechanic Martyn replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

It makes more sense to get something fuel efficient for the bulk of the journeying. ie your 100 miles a day.

The occasional snowboarding trip should be done in the cruiser.

Why get another 4x4 for only using it's abilities now and then when you have a perfectly good landcruiser available.

Get something small and efficient with comfy seats (100 miles of sitting) The money saved on the day to day commute will pay for the use of the cruiser to go snow boarding now and then.

Mechanic Martyn