2001 Isuzu Trooper: also blew the hydraulics..cylinder

My 2001 Isuzu Trooper blew it's clutch. The dealership says it also blew the hydraulics, but there was fluid in the cylinder or whatever that thing is called and we saw no evidence of fluid spread around. Maybe there's normal. Anyway, they estimate $3200 plus to fix it and people keep telling me that's ridiculous. BTW, I'm near Knoxville TN. Anybody who has an alternate recommendation, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX is rediculaous, at my shop the parts would be 455 dollars for the clutch and 200 for the hydraulics, the labor is 650 dollars, so about 1300 is the total, i would find a good independent shop to do this, pretty much any of them can do this,I'm in Colorado, so i dont know of any in your area, but for that price, i would definetely call around,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Any tips on finding a good independent shop? I don't live in Knoxville - over an hour away and know no one. Thanks again. I thought it was ridiculous too.
well, your beat bet is to ask friends and coworkers who they use and trust. there are several shops, but you need to trust them, you can also check their ratings at the BBB, but rely on work of mouth more,but in any cuicumstance, get an estimate first, and make them stick to it,Tim