Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Fiat idea central locking not working when i use the key fob

Customer Question

central locking not working when i use the key fob i have changed the battery but it still doesnt work the red light flashes on when i press the buttons on the key fob
Category: Car
Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

You have a new generation security and antitheft system.

Billy :

The key fob can only be resynced (re learned) using a fiat scan tool. There is no manual procedure to do this on your model.

Billy :

So, you need to get the vehicle on a proper scan tool, to check the key for correct operation, and then perform the relearn procedure so the key is recognized by the system.

Billy :

You may, before proceeding, check for any blown fuses in both fuse boxes, next to the steering wheel and in engine bay.

Billy :

The fuse box covers will contain the fuse denomination details.

Billy :

But having tried this, and if the problem persists, you need to hook the diagnostics equipment to pinpoint the fault, and re learn accordingly.

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy

Customer :

the key is working ok the engine starts and runs perfect the doors lock and unlock using the lock on the door yesterday the buttons on the key fob which lock and unlock the doors stopped working which fuse is it

Billy :

Check all the related central locking fuses.

Billy :

I already knew from your question that doors are opening when using the key manually..........the remote functions stopeed.

Billy :

And the remote function, might need relearning...........that is what i called a relearn......i was not refering to the immobilizer.

Customer :

so do you know which fuse it is

Billy :

The fuse denomination is on the fuse box cover........

Customer :

so you dont know which fuse it is how do i get my money back

Billy :

However, it is unlikely to be a faulty fuse........either the key has a malfunction, so you need the relearn to have the system recognize it again, or the radio transmission within the vehicle (for remote locking), is disabled for some reason.......and these can only be checked or relearned using a proper diagnostic equipment.

Billy :

Since you feel that way, i will re list the question so other experts have a look............

Billy :

PS: i did not say that i did not know which fuse..........and there are four fuses for this system.

Customer :

no i will just have my money back

Billy :

I will report this to customer service/refunds.

Customer :

so when do i get my money back