Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

2000 isuzu rodeo: correct crank relutor ring position..liter

looking for the correct crank relutor ring position on a 2000 isuzu rodeo - 3.2 liter. (notch to front or notch to rear?)
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome back to justanswer...

Im not really 100% sure of what you need here.. in that the crank sensor itself you cannot fit incorrectly..

Could you just explain a little more fully what you are doing and then I will have a better idea of what you need....?

Kind Rgds, MIKE................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
<p>Yes .... I'm in the process of rebuilding the engine and had to order a crank kit without the reluctor ring. Went to install reluctor on the new crank but now I am questioning the direction that the ring is installed - goes on both ways - from front, and from rear. There is small dia. dowel pin in the crank and horseshoe shaped knotch on the Id. side of the reluctor ring.  There are no markings on the crank or reluctor ring to know. Obvilously the knotch on the reluctor needs to be installed either towards the front, or the rear (flywheel) side of the crank.</p><p>I think the ring presses on from the back towards the front ..... ??  </p>
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Hello again ..thank you for your reply and info..

Ok, I understand what you are referring too...

Its a long while since Ive had one of these to bits so Ive been checking all the tech info I have on this engine in the hopes of sending you info off that ...

As it turns out- there is, in all the immense amount of info I have - all the engine rebuilding procedures etc ect... there is nothing relating to which way round that fits!

Now- when this happens - it usually means its because its meant to be obvious to the rebuilder ! ;) Or - it means it can either way if there is a choice.

Well I know thats not always so but I can offer a suggestion here that should enable you to fit it correct way round..

If you place all in place..offer it all temporary - and note where the hole is in the crankcase / block...where the Crank sensor will poke through - to pick up the pick up / trigger point on the reluctor ring... you should be able to determine then if fitting the ring one way or the other will make a difference or not..or if so - which way it has to be fitted for the sensor to line up with the reluctor once fitted in properly...

As I say - I have all the other rebuild info ..so thats all it can be on that ...so faced with that situation myself - that as above, is how I would go about it / fitting it to be sure its correct...

I'm Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Mike, Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.