Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

1999 isuzu trooper: get the left side cv axle out of the differental

I can not get the left side cv axle out of the differental on a 1999 isuzu trooper
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Please feel free to ask follow up questions, it is part of the process, thanks.

They can be difficult sometimes. Whatever you do, DO NOT pry against the differential. But you can get a large pry bar and use support members to pry against and use wood blocks as spacers if needed to get the right position and pry in a snap or sudden pop the get it out. It is just the ring on the end of the shaft hanging up. You can also use a slide hammer with a hook or chain or however you can attach it, all it takes is just the right snap to release it.