Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Isuzu rodeo: test drove..test drive..the transmission light came

I test drove an isuzu rodeo, the 4wd light came on and stayed on the intire test drive. After a minute or two, the transmission light came on and stayed on the intire rest of the test drive. The lot owner stated that the transmission light came on from the 4wd issue. I do not really need the 4wd, so would it be an issue to drive this rodeo in 2wd?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
That's a lie. The problem is internal with the transmission and differential. Regardless the transmission along with differential will most likely fail. Very common and you have all the tell tale signs stay away from this purchase. It will be very costly to fix this when it does fail. Do not purchase this vehicle . Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.