nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

Solenoid..few minutes..compressor gets hot

Customer Question

solenoid 'clicking' noise for a few minutes, then pump will come on. raises vehicle to full height then pump on off intremittently. compressor gets hot.
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 5 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

I presume the problem you have would be the pump working on and off all the time........

Billy :

That would be mostly caused by a leak in the system, causing the pump (compressor), to work excessively to keep desired height.

Billy :

The most probable location of the leak, would be the air springs, so these need to be checked for any leaks..........

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy

Expert:  nabilc replied 5 years ago.

The easiest way, would be by raising the vehicle at fulle height.......and then getting to the air springs, and respective lines, and putting some soap water, and the bubbles would indicate the leaky spot.

Regards,
Billy