Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

2004 Suzuki Forenza: the outside of the spark plugs..already changed

2004 Suzuki Forenza has oil collecting around the outside of the spark plugs. Have already changed the valve cover gasket x2.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX only way for oil to get in there, is from the valve cover gasket, there is a service bulletin out on this, and it says to cleant the suface of the valve covers and head, and apply a light coat of RTV sealant on both sides, before installing the gaskets, these have problems with the gaskets sealing,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did use the sealant the second time I changed the gaskets.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
there is no other place for the oil to come from here, if it still leaks after the sealant was used, then the valve cover has to be warped, and will need to be replaced, as i said, there is no other source for oil in this spot,Tim