Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

2000 rodeo: i step on the gas, has a new belt

my 2000 rodeo squiwls loudly when turned on, even more when i step on the gas, has a new belt,
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Please feel free to ask follow up questions, it is part of the process, thanks.

If the belt is new than you may have low tension on the belt due to a bad tensioner or one of the accesories is dragging. Does it do this with A/C off? Also make sure there is not something leaking on the belt.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it does make the noise when the a/c is off. can a tensioner be easily tightned. i tried but they were hard already.
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
The self tensioners are automatic but when they go bad they will not hold enough tension and have to be replaced.