John, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, ASE Certified Service Consultant, 22 years professional experience
19563796

Land Rover Discovery Series II My active cornering enhancement

Customer Question

My active cornering enhancement warning light has come on. Red light. Oil dripping from the front of the vehicle and from the back on to the prop shaft. No oil left in the reservoir. Can this vehicle be driven safely and is it an expensive fix? Thank you.
Category: Car
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

John :

Hello

John :

You can refill the 'ACE' reservoir and drive the vehicle. You will of course need to watch and see how fast the fluid leaks back out. The fluid is a hydraulic oil so you will need to make sure that you put in the correct fluid. The most common leaks I see for this system are from the power steering pump and the hoses.

John :

Depending on what is leaking will determine the cost to fix, and yes the pumps are fairly expensive.

John :

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions about this.

John :

Thank you

John :