Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

1990 chrysler new yorker: calipers hoses pads..rear brakes

1990 chrysler new yorker replaced calipers hoses pads &rotors now i have no brake padle &no fluid presure to rear brakes
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

does your new yorker have ABS?

look on your calipers and tell me the position of the bleeder screws - towards bottom or towards top of the caliper- in other words below are above where the brake hose bolts to caliper

did the master cylinder go dry while replacing the caliper and hoses?

what order did you try bleeding the brakes in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no abs bleaders or bolow hoses master cylinber went bry have vacume blade &manualy blead
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Ok, if I am reading that correctly, you are saying that the bleeders are below the hoses. This is the problem. you have the calipers on the wrong sides. swap left to right side and the right to the left side. With bleeder screw below the brake hose to caliper connection, there will always be an air pocket at top of caliper that wont bleed out. Swap the sides and then rebleed.

below diagram shows the bleeder screw at top of caliper, above hose, for correct location:

Click image to see an enlarged view
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Click
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience: Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor