Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

Suzuki: what is the torque for the head bolts..camshaft..distributer

what is the torque for the head bolts on a 1600cc,1991,suzuki escudo,engine no G16A,An also the torque for the top camshaft that runs the distributer
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

this should help you

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

1991 Suzuki 1.6L TBI SOHC 8V 4cyl

The Head Bolt Torque

Lightly lubricate the threads of the cylinder head bolts, then install them finger-tight.

• Using the sequence shown in the accompanying illustration and using Suzuki Tools 09900-00415 (A) and 09900-00411 (B) (or their equivalents), tighten all of the cylinder head bolts to 25 ft. lbs. (35 Nm), then to 40 ft. lbs. (10 Nm), and finally to 2.5-5.5 ft. lbs. (65-70 Nm).
  • FIG : Fig. 14: Tighten the cylinder head bolts in the sequence shown to ensure proper cylinder head sealing image

Apply clean engine oil to the camshaft bearing surfaces. Apply silicone sealant to the mating surface of bearing cap No. 6. The camshaft bearing caps are marked with their position numbers (No. 1 is the foremost cap, and No. 6 is the rearmost bearing cap). Install bearing cap No. 1 first, then install the remaining bearing caps. Oil the camshaft bearing cap bolt threads, then tighten all of them first to 24 inch lbs. (2.7 Nm), then to 48 inch lbs. (5.4 Nm), then to 72 inch lbs. (8.2 Nm), and finally to 97 inch lbs. (11 Nm)