nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

my 1.8 petrol vectra (W) jerks heavily at 60..accelerating..runs fine

my 1.8 petrol vectra (W) jerks heavily at 60 and especially when de-accelerating otherwise runs fine ?

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

As i understand from your input, the engine idles and works normally, unless when vehicle speed is around 60....and especially when decelerating....right?

Billy :

Do you have any warning lights on dash?

Billy :

Any other symptoms relevant??

Customer:

had E M light on had new lamda sensor fitted but wires melted on eng so garage fitted new one ,light went off and was still a bit jerky so he said he blew down a black pipe on back of eng that cleared fault of stalling but now this is happening have tried redex but still same

Billy :

still have jerking at vehicle speed 60?? or engine speed 600?

Customer:

at mph

Billy :

ok.......

Billy :

In that case, the jerking is mostly due to something other than the engine...........as the engine would jerk at certain engine speed....and not vehicle speed......so if the engine is revving 3000 rpm at 20mph it would not jerk....it should not jerk at 60 mph same rpm.

Billy :

You need to check the engine mounts and transmission mounts....as a worn mount would cause the engine to jerk....

Billy :

Then check the wheel balancing, as the jerk might be caused by an unbalanced wheel.

Customer:

it feels like fuel starvation it sort of snatches back ?

Billy :

when decelerating, there would be no fuel injected into the engine.....so even if you have no fuel in tank, then engine should decelerate properly...

Customer:

ok will try many thanks

Billy :

Good luck!!