hauto, Technician
Experience:  15 year hands on technician experince, associate degree in automotive technologhy

2003 chevy malibu: 1800 and 2800 rpms it fine

Customer Question

I have a 2003 chevy malibu. The problem is when I am acellerating between 1800 and 2800 rpms it hesitates. The kicker is that it work fine sometimes and other it will do what I discribed. I have check the fuel pessure and it is fine. I have also replaced tps iac map mas. Trans fuild is fine. The tps fixed it for a day. Same with the iac and map. The mas fixed for 3 days andit came back. No check engine light or service engine
Category: Car
Expert:  hauto replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for using JA.

This could be caused by a dirty throttle plate, and or a semi plugged injector.

Get a fuel induction service done, and if you haven't replaced the fuel and air filter yet

go ahead and do that.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I finnaly got a check engine light to come on and it was for my egr valve. I replaced the valve and the car runs worse than it did before. But if I unplug it. It runs fine
Expert:  hauto replied 5 years ago.

The EGR orifice were the egr mounts to the engine could be plugged up with carbon deposits. remove the egr valve, use a wire hanger and clean through the hole . use few drops of trans fluid just few drops and start the engine for few seconds. it'll be loud. so the tubs clear up. repeat with the wire hanger. install the egr valve. reset the codes and try that.