Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair

sport..leak coming from the passenger side of the tranny...plate

I have a 2006 range rover sport hse. i have a leak coming from the passenger side of the tranny. I got under the vehicle and removed the heat plate. i noticed the leak coming from a wire harness that leads inside the tranny. do you know how i can fix the leak? does it need to be replaced or is there a seal that needs to be replaced? and if it does need to be replaced how do you remove it?
Hello, sorry for the delay. Just saw your post this AM. After you unscrew the electrical connector, there is a sleeve that seals fluid out . Its like a ring around the plug on side of trans. That sleeve slides out and can be replaced. It will be dealer item. Currently, the part # XXXXX have is TZV5000010 and runs in the $11+/- range
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
are there any special tools needed to remove this from tranny cause it doesn't budge when i try to turn it by hand
How are you attempting the job. what approach have you done so far steps you have done?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i tried turning it by hand but i can't loosen it. have not tried pliers because it looks like it is plastic and it will break
What are you turning? the large round knurled ring?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I never like to tell any customer to force anything and take possible breakage risk, but it does loosend then a clip inside to release from there

1. Remove the fluid pan.
  2. Disconnect the electrical connector.

View Full Image

1. Remove and discard the electrical connector sleeve.
    • Release the retainer.
View Full Image

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay thank you