Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

Customer Question

I have a 04 peugeot 307 sw se 1.6hdi, my aircon does not demist the windows around the car as it use to. Had it re-gassed made no difference. I have heard about the repair kit for the flap system but according to my local Peugeot dealer my car doesn't have this system and there is no kit available for this problem?? Can you offer any sollution please. At Peugeot garages £79 per hour very reluctant to put it in for checking.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 5 years ago.

I'd start by replacing the pollen filter as these can become clogged and limit the airflow so reducing the system effectivness also check inside the filter box for any signs of moisture as if the drain holes are blocked then you'll have a lot of dmap air coming into the system which the AC will struggle to completly dry

let me know what you find
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for not replying but have been away. The filter has already been changed and the drain holes checked but I still have the problem. This problem has been ongoing for some time and has cost me enough money for me to feel that I will have to live with the problem. My reason for contacting you was to see if you could shed any light on it different from what I have already been told. I do not feel like persuing this problem any further and therefore feel that I should not incurr any cost but thank you anyway.
Expert:  Matt replied 5 years ago.

one other thing to test is to ensure that the air re-circulation system is drawing in fresh air from outside and not drawing from the footwell as this can lead to moisture build up.

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you press accept at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please press accept.
If you don't press accept then you can use the cash at a later date to ask another question.