Alex
Alex, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, L1 Advanced Level Specialist
15182921

gmc hummer h3 I have a code p0106 that comes and goes I replaced

I have a code p0106 that comes and goes I replaced the map sensor still have code
Category: Car
Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be assisting you with your question.

These vehicles have a common problem with the electrical harness/connector that connects to the MAP sensor.

To test this you will need to connect a scan tool with live data to the vehicle and watch the map sensor reading. At idle, if the MAP sensor reading goes erratic on the scan tool while wiggling the MAP sensor wiring, you'll need to replace the "pigtail" wiring connector and harness.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what type of scan tool do you recomend for diy
Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
Any scan tool that can stream live data will work. I would recommend something like the one shown in this link. It is affordable and would allow you to view the MAP sensor data while you wiggle the wiring:

http://www.tooltopia.com/equus-3130.aspx
Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
Now that you've viewed the answer please click accept. If you would like to ask more questions feel free to do so. I guarantee the above answer will fix your problem. Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The pigtail wiring harness is that a part I can get from dealer and does it go from map to pcm.
Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
You can get it from the dealer. It doesn't go all the way to the PCM. It just includes the MAP connector and about a foot of wiring. You will have to cut the old connector off of the wiring at least 6 inches back and solder the new wires and connector in.