Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2004 isuzu rodeo: electrical problem..blink..dashboard..my headlights

Customer Question

I have a 2004 isuzu rodeo with an electrical problem which just started recently. My left turn signal does not blink on the dashboard when my headlights are on. When headlights are off, everything is fine. Right side is no problem with headlights on or off. What's the issue?
Category: Car
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using justanswer. My name is David and I can help you with your electrical problem.

The problem you are experiencing is a bad ground or loose connection at the bulb socket in one of the left side turn signals. The loss of the ground circuit at the bulb is causing the turn signal and park/taillight circuits to feed into one another. Check connections at the turn signal bulbs front and rear. If bulbs and connections are okay then the problem is going to be in the bulb socket itself. You can determine which one is bad, front or rear by pulling the bulb out of one at a time and then testing operation of the lights.