Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

2002 chev 6.0 Engine oil pressure starts..mile..pan..oil pump

2002 chev 6.0 Engine oil pressure starts at 40 drive it about a mile it drops to zero lifters start to make a little noise let it sit couple minutes I was back up to 40. Change your filter dropped the pan clean it all out. Also changed oil pump. They should've changed the bearings but didn't said they were okay. Is there any thing else that might cause this problem.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

this could be caused by the o-ring on the oil p[pick-up may be damaged or broken..but,now you may have bigger may need to replace the rod and main bearings now also

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP