Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

Prizm: Geo..a metal on metal noise coming from the drivers side

Customer Question

I have a 96 Geo Prizm. Sometimes has a metal on metal noise coming from the driver's side. Usually when cold. Not sure if this would be bad bearing or CV. If it is the bearing. Is it easier to just replace the bearing or replace the whole hub assembly? Brakes are fine.
Thank You
                                                      Sean McConnell
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

hi sean

this does sound as if it is a bad wheel bearing,,it would be much easier to replace the hub assembly than just the bearing

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP