Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.

Fiat Grande Punto XXXXX XXXXX a problem with the blue and me system

Customer Question

i have a problem with the blue and me system with my Grande Punto, its only 2.5 years old so i dont think i should spend over 300 to get it fixed by replacing the Media unit. can anything else be done
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer....

Can you please tell me exactly what the problem is you have - and who / how has it been costed at £300 for repair?

The more info / background you can give me, the better.......

Rgds - MIKE...........................................
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the problem i am having is that the blue tooth and also media player buttons have stopped working, the buttons work work for the CD player and radio and if you dial from a phone you can use the car as speaker/mouth piece. i took car to fiat Garage and they quoted 90 to replace buttons, which i dont think is issue as buttons still work and if that doesnt fix problem then it 300 for a new media/blue tooth unit
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello again - thank you for your reply..

You need to check if the FIAT garage ran any tests on the system - and check the software etc...

If they have - that would rule out any control module faults..and that then would only leave either button faults - or wiring /connections to them - which needs to be checked first before having buttons etc replaced.

FIAT are the ones that have the diagnostic equipment to test this system - so as long as they have run the proper tests...and tried re setting / re booting the system - then that , as above, is all thats left to go wrong..

I have to say its not unheard of for the modules to fail ( unit )....but they should do all the above first ....

I would also be asking them why this isn't being covered by warranty...Even if the warranty has expired - I would be telling them that you want Fiat Hq involved....with a view to recompense for the system , whatever is actually found to be at fault in the end, should last longer than it has..

I Sincerely hope I have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.