nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

Limited: Engine started running..rough..vibration..cylinder

Engine started running very rough and uneven. limited power and lots of vibration. looks like a missing cylinder.
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 6 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

Before condemning the injector, and as the fault is intermittent, i suggest that you check the injector wiring......as this is a common fault on your model......

Billy :

I will include the bulletins describing the problem, so you check all the details and proceed accordingly:

Billy :

click here1 and here2 for details

Billy :

This should fix the problem.......and it would explain the intermittence of it............

Billy :

However, it still may be an injector faulty....and it would work intermittently, until sometime it would cut out for good.

Billy :

However, the wiring needs checking first....

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy

Customer:

Hi Billy,

Customer:

Hi Billy, thanks for that I will get on to it tonight and let you know. Regards, Ralph

Billy :

Good luck Ralph!

Customer:

Hi Billy, just before I open up the rocker cover, how would you know if the wiring is faulty? Or do you just try a new one?

Customer:

thanks

Customer:

Ralph

Billy :

Hello Ralph,

Billy :

If engine is idling, and moving the wiring changes the sound or speed of engine....it means the wiring is faulty....

Billy :

If the injector plug is removed and the engine is still the same, then this injector wiring (or could be injector itself, however, wiring needs checking first, as it is a common fault on your model).....

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy

Customer:

thanks, Billy.

Customer:

Ralph

Billy :

Good luck Ralph.....

Customer:

Hi Billy, I put a new wiring loom in it today and it runs like a dream. Lots of power and just like when it was new! Just makes you wonder how long the new wiring will last? It does not look like they have changed the design after all! Thanks for your help and I am very happy with the good and relatively cheap way of fixing the problem (better than a new injector :) ). Regards, Ralph