nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

2007 doors have locked and I cannot get in or out..hatch

Customer Question

Smart car European model 2007 doors have locked and I cannot get in or out. have been crawling in and out hatch back Can anyone help?
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 6 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

First you need to check for any blown fuses in the fuse box beneath the intrument panel.

Billy :

As a blown fuse could cut the power supply of the locking system, thus disabling it.

Billy :

You may try checking or replacing the battery of the key fob, but if the system is not working even from inside switch, then the lock is most probably caused by a power supply outage, which is most likely caused by a blown fuse.

Billy :

I will include the detailed info on how your central locking and immobilizer functions, and how to replace the key fob battery:

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy

JACUSTOMER-hmfqwwwi- : I do not know where the fuse panel is. the hand book is printed in German also if you could tell me which fuse it is I will replace it We have 2 keys, I have tried to unlock with both sets still won't work
Billy :

The fuse box is in passenger compartment, under the instrument panel (dash),

Billy :

You need to check all fuses, one by one, by removing, inspecting and installing (it would take a few minutes), but your problem then should be solved.

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy