Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes
10437779

I got my 2010 Rover Sport HSE washed and all..range rover

I got my 2010 Rover Sport HSE washed and all of the sudden the screen went black and radio shut off. I turned the car off and turned it back on. Im now with a black screen with the words range rover. It will not reset. The radio is not working or the navigation system. Im afraid my battery is going to die if the screen is on! What are your thoughts?
Category: Car
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

This is usually a problem with the MOST network. This is the fiber optic network in which all the audio and entertainment modules "talk" to each other. The problem with the network is once one of the modules goes offline the entire network is down. You have a couple of remedies you can try. You can disconnect the negative battery terminal cable for 10 minutes or leave your vehicle off for about one hour.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is this a common problem? Are you aware that even when I shut the car off, the range rover words still are across the screen?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Yes unfortunately this is a problem I see with the Rovers and Jags. One of the control modules on the fiber optic ring has gone off line. Shut down your vehicle then lock it. The Rover logo screen may stay on for about 15 minutes. Hopefully after one hour it will reset. If not then you can disconnect the negative battery terminal cable for 10 minutes which usually resets the system.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is this a common problem? Are you aware that even when I shut the car off, the range rover words still are across the screen? It is over an hour and a half and it is still happening. It is stuck with range rover across the screen! When I put it into reverse the back camera comes right on...nothing at all is happening. The range rover is just staying across the screen!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is this a common problem? Are you aware that even when I shut the car off, the range rover words still are across the screen? It is over an hour and a half and it is still happening. It is stuck with range rover across the screen! When I put it into reverse the back camera comes right on...nothing at all is happening. The range rover is just staying across the screen! How do you disconnect the battery terminals?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Yes I understand your problem. One of the audio modules is not responding which is why it is stuck on the logo screen. I cannot answer why they designed the system in this way but that is how the fiber optics work. Only the Rover factory tool can properly diagnose the problem. You can disconnect the negative battery terminal cable which will reset the control modules.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do I disconnect the battery?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
The battery should be located in the driver rear of the engine compartment. Loosen the 10mm negative battery terminal cable for 10 minutes. If you are not comfortable in doing this then take your truck to the local dealer and they will fix the problem under warranty.
Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes