Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Land Rover Range Rover My alarm system is armed and I cant

My alarm system is armed and I can't not unluck it. I can unlock and open the driver side but can't start the vehicle. Can you please tell me how to undo the alarm?
Disconnect the battery with the key in the ignition where the radio would work then reconnect the battery this should bypass the alarm . Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I already did that and it has not worked for me thanks
Unlock the passenger door 2 times from the outside see if it resets.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the passenger door don't have a lock from the outside it is only lock for all the doors including the trunk door too

Cycling the key does not reset the alarm.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

what do you mean by cycling?

Turn the key to auxilary 4 times and back fast and see if it resets.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok I will get back to you later my vehicle is stranded somewhere else. I will go there now.
Ok also make sure when you disconnected the battery to reset the alarm the key was in the on and auxialary position.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am back with the vehicle. Thanks for your efforts in trying to help me. Let me share with you how it worked. I googled the problem and I obtained some instructions in how to do it. Only for vehicles in the US and Australia you are supose to enter a generic code number 1515 so I did and I got it unlocked.

The way I entered the code is as follow:

With the vehicle doors, hood or bonnet, windows, sunroof closed and in locked position I entered the first digit number one with the key in the driver side door lock turning it towards the front of vehicle or unlock position one time.

for the second digit I turn the key 5 times towards the rear of vehicle or lock position,

for the third digit I turn the key again to the unlock position one time.

for the four digit I turn the key 5 times towards the lock position again.

That was the code 1515. After that I unlocked all doors with the key again and it worked. I hope it can be of help for you for another instance for someone else. Believe me is frustrating and I don't want others to experienced the same thing.

No problem that's why I had you cycle the key in the lock that will usually also reset the alarm . Just glad it's fixed.