Neal
Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

2001 Isuzu Rodeo: check engine light..reduced power comes on..wiring

2001 Isuzu Rodeo - check engine light always on, and reduced power comes on/off. Seems like wiring issue - how do you touble shoot?
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Please feel free to ask follow up questions, it is part of the process, thanks.

The first step is to have the codes read, most parts stores will do this for free. This will give a good idea of what is wrong. Have it done and let me know what you find. Make sure you write the code number down.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks - I'll get the codes from an OBD II, and from what I've read it will show several sensors having a problem. Others have then gone ahead spent a few hundred dollars on sensors, OBD'd the vehicle again, and the same codes show up. It seems to be a wiring problem in the main harness. A problem common to this model. Have you worked on this problem yourself, if so how did you trouble-shoot the wiring?
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
I have not come across that particular issue exactly. Get the codes and if I cannot help we will get someone else to help. Ususally if you see multiple issues like that it is a short in the harness a bad ground or an internal short in the battery that is allowing it to start and run normally but causing voltage fluctuations that trigger the sensors.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you Neal. I'll get the codes, and check all the grounds. Talk to you soon.
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
OK