DBranch
DBranch, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Factory trained Silver Certified Land Rover Technician. 7 years of automotive experience.
9901235

My Parking brake sensor is on in my Range Rover Sport SC 4.2L.

My Parking brake sensor is on in my Range Rover Sport SC 4.2L. It also says there is a parking brake fault. I never even use the parking brakes. Can u help.
Category: Car
Expert:  DBranch replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JA.

This means that there are fault codes stored in the parking brake computer. The system has seen a fault so it has activated the message. What you will need to do is have the fault codes read in the system with the proper diagnostic scan tool. Most common problems with the parking brake system is either the switch or the parking brake actuator. Without checking the codes or clearing them with the scan tool then the message will always be there. If you have anymore questions let me know.

Thanks Daniel