DBranch, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Factory trained Silver Certified Land Rover Technician. 7 years of automotive experience.

Freelander..the tail door glass window will not go..push..back down

I just replaced my battery on my Freelander. Now the tail door glass window will not go back up. When I push the window button to get it back up, it starts and then beeps at me and then goes back down. The book says that I have to disarm the alarm, but when I purchased the car the previous owner did not have the car remote (which disarms the alarm). Is there another way to disarm the alarm so that I can get my window back up? I even tried disconnected the battery and that still did not work. Thanks for your help in advance. (Note: the window on the tail door was working just fine prior to the new battery)
Category: Car
Expert:  DBranch replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JA.

To disarm the alarm you will need to either lock and unlock the drivers door with the key or put the key in the ignition and start the car. The window should go back up once the battery has been reconnected. Make sure that the rear door is shut good and re-try it. If it still want go back up then the regulator may be broken and jamming. It could have broken when the window went down . These regulators do go out from time to time on these cars. If you have any other questions let me know. Thanks Daniel