Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.
A new question is answered every 9 seconds auto AC/Heater anywhere from 5-10 minutes..head unit

I have a 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged. It takes my auto AC/Heater anywhere from 5-10 minutes before it comes on when starting my car. What could be the problem the head unit itself or temp sensors?
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

Neal :

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Please feel free to ask follow up questions, it is part of the process, thanks.

Neal :

What is not working? the control head? is it not coming on at all? Is the blower motor working or is it delayed also?

JACUSTOMER-wlueqoyh- :

Hi Neal... it comes on but it takes from 5-10 minutes before anything happens, the blower motor included. This is in auto or manual. However, I can tell that the heater is getting hot because I can smell it, it just doesn't blow any air out right away. After a 5-10 minute wait the system suddenly come on.

Neal :

It sounds like a problem with the head unit and it not unheard of. There is no other part of the electrical system that should cause a delay like that but the head unit can cause that if it is failing. Best bet is to have the dealer handle as they will be the only ones with the part anyway.