Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase certified, 24 years, bumper to bumper all makes

1997 suzuki sidekick: the driver is a removable hardtop pannel..clips

I have a 1997 suzuki sidekick. The Roof over the driver is a removable hardtop pannel. The clips have broken to secure the panel down. where can I get this and or can I replace it with a bikini top? If so waht would be involved with the installation of a bikini top? How does it secure to the car?
Category: Car
Expert:  Scott replied 5 years ago.

Scott :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will gladly assist you with your vehicle concern.

Scott :

The truck you have must have factory original soft top windshield channel and the Bikini attach's directly to it and the the sports bar. If the clips on the body and not the hard top are missing, you will need to either see if Suzuki still carries them or scout the junk yards. Other possibilities are checking to see if a body shop could assist you is replacing clips if the ones on the body are damaged.