Dale Stockstill
Dale Stockstill, Automotive Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  40 years of Automotive Technical Knowledge, Teacher, Diagnostic Specialist

gday discovery3 2005 V6 petrol..injector cleaner..serviced

G'day Discovery3 2005 V6 Petrol...Won't start this morning,,, been using same feul all the time... Does this Out of the BLUE once or twice a month but it eventually starts...Been using feul injector cleaner every 3 tankfulls...Got serviced last week 4 72000km approx 71600kms on the clock,,,I would appreciate some help, Thanks...Greg Ross...
Category: Car
Expert:  Dale Stockstill replied 5 years ago.

Dale Stockstill :

Hello, What type of injector cleaner have you been using?

My name is Dale.

Question: What type of injector cleaner have you been using?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Any thing on the shelf at the time, This is a small country town so I am limited by what is there at the time..last one was,,, Nulon...

Thanks for that information. I have been recommending "Techron" Injector Cleaner for about 25 years now. It is the ONLY product that I have found that really does clean the injectors properly as well as the cleaning the carbon off the intake valve stem. You can order Techron on line or pick some up when you go to the larger town in your area.

It is very important if you are going to use it to NOT add the product right before a long run. In order for the Techron to do it's job, (which it does extremely well) it needs time to hot soak to allow the chemical reaction to work. So short in town trips and then let it set for at least a couple of hours seems to really work the best.

I use Techron as a maintenance item for all my injected vehicles about every 20K miles. My customers just cannot hardly believe how good it works when it is used the way I tell them. Usually there is nothing wrong with a diesel engine that clean fuel filters and some Techron will not correct. It is not a cure all but usually it will smooth out the engine, as well as improve the starting and fuel economy.

It is important to get Techron Injector Cleaner if possible. It is harder to find than Techron Fuel System Cleaner. If I have to settle for the Fuel system cleaner (which is designed for carbureted gasoline engines) I double the strength or mix per gallon of diesel.

Here is a picture of the product:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Hope this gets you fixed up properly.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dale, its not a diesel