normanahoyt
normanahoyt, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  Over 25 years of automotive experience
22294968

Isuzu rodeo: 2000 with a DOHC 3.2 6 cylinders..part number..instrument

I have and ISUZO Rodeo 2000 with a DOHC 3.2 6 cylinders. I need the part number for the fuel inyectors filter system. Also I would like to know if I can obtain a device (instrument) to check the on board computer for this car.
I will appreciate your help.
Gabriel Brias
Category: Car
Expert:  normanahoyt replied 5 years ago.

normanahoyt :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you

normanahoyt :

Can we start at the beginning and diagnose your vehicle?

normanahoyt :

You say you need the part number for the fuel injectors filter system. Is it the part number for the fuel injectors you want?

normanahoyt :

The device you need for checking the on board computer is primarily a voltmeter. The factory may have a device that you can plug it into and does all of your voltage tests but you can do it all with a voltmeter...graphing some is nice but a voltmeter should do the trick....I can walk you through the tests but it will be simpler to start from symptoms.

normanahoyt :

You say that you had a hose leaking fuel and you repaired that. Prior to this you did not have the low idle?

Customer:

Hi Alan:

Customer:

I need the part number for the fuel filter that feed the inyectors.

Customer:

Prior to reconect the loose hose I had a normal idle but the check engine was turned ON

normanahoyt :

Ok, Is there a chance that you have restricted the fuel line with what you did?

normanahoyt :

The part number for the fuel filter is: 8-25055-364-0 and at NAPA a 3310

normanahoyt :

The low idle is still a bit of a puzzle unless you have restricted the fuel flow.

normanahoyt :

The typical cause for a low idle is a dirty throttle plate. What you did should not have caused a low idle. Is it possible that you bumped another hose loose or removed something else and didn't put it all back like it should be?

Customer:

Thanks for your help. By changing the hose and the fuel filter my car is runing as it should.