Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

Doors lock..button inside car..driver side door..ajar..body shop

Customer Question

my car would not start this morning, and neither would the doors lock via button inside car. car would not lock via inside car button last nite unless I pushed button prior to starting car. was recently in a car accident, which impacted the driver side door, which was mashed in at bottom, making window ajar, inability to open door to get out, however, door was replaced, but not by a professional body shop. Thanks.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
The problem is the drivers door lock actuator was this replaced?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
a new driver side door was recovered from a salvage yard and put onto my car, with my original inside door panel. also, I could not get the gas panel to open via pushing the inside door button so that I could fill the car with gas, but I was able to get the trunk open via the inside door button. Thanks.
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
Ok then the wiring of this door is different either off a different model or year which makes the pinout in the harness different which is causing this issue. They need to check the wiring and if they checks out ok they need to make sure it's the correct door. Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.