Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness

factory and is high performance, is synthetic oil amust

I have a 1999 ski-doo snowmobile. It an mzx 670 HO(high out put) since its modded from factory and is high performance, is synthetic oil amust and do I need to run with dry gas. Are there advantages to these products? thanks!
Category: Car
Expert:  Ted G. replied 5 years ago.
I would definitely recommend a synthetic oil. The added lubricity and cleaner burn are very good for the engine. And unless you are putting hundreds of hours on your sled the cost is not that much higher. Dry gas is really not necessary if you have E10 fuel in your area, the dry gas is basically just ethanol and it helps absorb moisture and emulsify it. Since the E10 fuel has it in there, really no need to add more. Also for that reason I recommend running the carbs dry when you're done at the end of the season, if the fuel is left in the bowl it will crust up and clog the jets.