Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair

88 suzuki samurai: some body tell me where the headlight relay is

Customer Question

I have an 88 suzuki samurai, can some body tell me where the headlight relay is?
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am Randall. the headlight system in your vehicle does not utilize a headlamp relay. It is basically battery feed to the headlightswitch, then dimmer, then through headlight fuses to lights. Below is the diagram for reference

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
wow i was told it had a relay, the dash lights come on but not the headlights fuses all seem to be good any ideas?
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.
next step is to probe both sides of the headlight fuses with headlights on. If you have power on both side of ech fuse, then you have either bad headlights OR more likely the dimmer switch is bad. the headlight grounds all go through the dimmer switch that controls high/low beams. I doubt very seriously you have 4 failed elements so i am leaning to bad dimmer. the headlight switch if bad would not just allow dash and running lights and not headlights
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tried the high beams and they came on, must be the dimmer. Thanks