Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Same as this log have a 2000 isuzu 3.

Customer Question

same as this log have a 2000 isuzu 3.2 rodeo keeps blowing the 10 amp starter fuse ign swicth has been replaced
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my best to assist you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. I have been working on these vehicles for over 10 years so I am very familiar with this system and how they work. However, keep in mind, that I need some solid concrete facts/evidence/clues from you in order to give you a good answer about your vehicle. Please realize that all my answers are based solely on the info that you provide me with....

Is this fuse under the hood? Does it only blow when turning the key to the crank position?

What number fuse is it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
10 amp starter fuse inside / when turning key to on postion
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Ok.. do you have a wiring diagram for this circuit?

If not, I can get you one...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

We have a wiring diagram , when cranking vehicle to start fuse blows , replaced ign switch , blows the 10 amp fuse. Blew all the time 3- 25amp fuses last night after sitting in the cold 15 degree's , pushed inside and tryed in the morning warm cannot get to blow fuse .

shows less then 2amp on circuit when starting.

I see thier is several issues with this on the net was hoping for a common issue

Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
No common issues that I am aware of. I see checked two different references and I see no TSB's, recalls or special service messages out about this problem.

Would you still like me to walk you through this diagnoses?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I found the short to ground rubbed bare wires under ecm left frt fender apron
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
YUP!

THat will do it!