Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

2007 Suzuki XL-7: that has burned out both BACK turn signal bulbs

I have a 2007 Suzuki XL-7 that has burned out both BACK turn signal bulbs today. Of course the flasher blips quickly. Where is the flasher located? I hear it, but can't find it.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
Is there a trailer hitch on the vehicle?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, there is. And I had a brake job done on the rear brakes today at a dealership.
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
That's the issue they damaged the harness which is grounding out and causing this issue. Follow this harness and fix the wire that's broken or shorting to ground and this will fix this issue . Hoped this issue . Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How has grounding the harness caused the bulbs to burn out? Plus only on the turn signals - where is the flasher unit located? Please -- thank you
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
There were no issues before the brake job correct ? The this is a short to ground issues which caused the bulbs to blow the flashed relay will alwas click fast when there are bulbs out.Relay in located drivers under dash fuse box.