DBranch, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Factory trained Silver Certified Land Rover Technician. 7 years of automotive experience.

pasengers seat..suspension..clutch/ sorry my rover is autoits..gearbox

hi i have just replaced the ride hight controler under pasengers seat & the eas pump & computer under the pump/ the ride hight & suspension now works but now i don,t have drive when i put it in gear. all drive was working fine before i done the eas/ it also now will not go in park as when i try to put in park with motor going it makes a greating noise like trying to put a manual in gear without using clutch/ sorry my rover is auto
its like the gearbox is still spinning and can,t select park

DBranch :

Welcome to JA.

DBranch :

When you replace this unit it has to be a new one or unlocked unit. That means it has no info or been wiped clean. It also has to be programmed by capable diagnostic equipment. This unit not only controls the air suspension but it also controls almost all the other electrical components on the car. It is called the BECM or body electric control module. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks Daniel