Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

A reasonable price on diesel injectors and where to find them..TD5

Customer Question

Can yoy please assist with a reasonable price on diesel injectors and where to find them ?
My vehicle is a 1999 Discovery TD5 SERIES II
I will appreciate since the prices I got is extensive !

Thanx, Johan
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Please feel free to ask follow up questions, it is part of the process, thanks.

The normal cost for replacement of a single injector is From $450 to $650 depending on local labor rates and markup on the parts. You should be able to get the parts through most parts stores or even online from a parts dealer. You should replace the seal also.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you Neal, but with respect, I live in South Africa and I know there is various places to get them as well as on the net. However I've tried to save some time by contacting you in the hope that you can point out a dealer where I can buy for a decent price. As was already indicated in my original message, I have inquired on prices already which varies from +- R 3000 for reconditioned ones up to R 7000 for a new one. You people deal with this things daily and I hoped that you might be able to assist in this regard !

Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
Sorry I could not help more.