Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic

2000 Range rover hseit..lock mechanism on the drivers door has failed

2000 Range Rover HSE

It would appear that the lock mechanism on the driver's door has failed, preventing the vehicle from starting (as if there was a security breach). First, is there a way to by-pass this sensor so that we can drive the vehicle to a repair location; second, what in your view is the cause and remedy for this problem; and third, can you recommend a skilled, affordable mechanic in the Missoula, MT vacinity?

Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JA!!!

I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.

I would first suggest that you check the following:
- check for any blown fuses.
If no blown fuses are found, you may try removing the battery cable for a few minutes to reset the system.

If that as well does not work, then you may disable the immobilizer system, if you have the four digit security code, available on the security card (if available).....
I will post the info:
click here

If all these do not work.......then you have to tow the vehicle.......the most probable cause is a stuck or broken door mechanism, simulating a door broken....thus the alarm system is immobilizing the vehicle.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Please expand on your comment about the immobilizer systemand "i will post the info".
Expert:  nabilc replied 5 years ago.
Hello again,

All the immobilizer info, and the "i will post info" are already posted.
Just under the "I will post info", there is a "click here", which leads to a pdf file, i posted so you may save the info for any future reference.......