FixItMan, Master Technician

2004 Suzuki Verona: with 21,000 miles on it..using castrol 10-30

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Suzuki Verona with 21,000 miles on it. I get the oil change by the dealer usually, but the dealer is no longer available. I am getting the oil changed tomorrow at another site, reputable, I will be using Castrol 10-30, grey bottle. I live in Tucson, AZ and this will be my only oil change until about September, I only drive in town, so that will be about 4,000 miles. I will be taking the oil with me. How much should I take? I will also have them change the Air Filter, if needed, but what brand should I get? Fram, or the really expensive one? They will also be doing a tire rotation and Road test and the full set of fluid levels, etc. Anything else I should have them do or bring to have them change?
Just so you know I love my Suzuki, this is my third one, I had a motorcycle in Grad school, and before this I had a Sidekick for 5 years. I used to do all my own work, but I am a female, disabled Army Vet and can't physically do it anymore unfortunately. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Category: Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 5 years ago.

Hello JACUSTOMER, it sounds like you have this pretty much down. As far as any changes go I would recommend using 5-30 oil as that is what is recommended. I would go with a better oil filter such as the fram extra guard and not the standard. As for the air filter the brand does not matter too much. Let me know if you need more hepl.