normanahoyt
normanahoyt, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  Over 25 years of automotive experience
22294968

Hello i have a 2007 chry. van town country . trans.

Customer Question

Hello i have a 2007 chry. van town country . trans. makes a wineing sound untill van warms up .also every couple of hundred miles the engine lite comes on and want allow trans to shift to 3 gear or overdrive . 3.8 v6 .please help!!!!!!
Category: Car
Expert:  normanahoyt replied 3 years ago.

normanahoyt :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you

normanahoyt :

Have you pulled the code from the computer?

Customer :

no

normanahoyt :

If you stop by an Autozone store they can pull the code for you and that will be extremely helpful to determine what is causing the transmission to go into limp mode.

normanahoyt :

As far as the whining sound, it might relate or not to the limp mode and code but we need to start first wit the code

Customer :

no i have not becuase when it acts up i have to stop and pull battery cable to clear comp.so that i can drive on.

normanahoyt :

I see.....that does make it a bit more difficult.

normanahoyt :

You could get a code checker but that would run you $70-$100. Chrysler used to flash codes when you cycled the key from off to on 3 times on right after the other but I don't think 07 will do that...still it is worth a try

normanahoyt :

Otherwise you would have to drive there with it acting up

normanahoyt :

If you simply want to guess at this I can do that to.

normanahoyt :

The typical cause for these symptoms has been either the input or the output speed sensors.

normanahoyt :

Neither is extremely expensive and they both fail. There are other things that happen as well so I could not say that changing them both would resolve the concern but it could be an option

Customer :

never mind these things i allready no .

normanahoyt :

Sorry, unfortunately this is reality and we have to have codes

Customer :

well this didnt help but thanks anyway ihope you dont charge 14.00 !

normanahoyt :

You can simply ask me to opt out which I will do...I don't know where it goes from there but you can find out.

normanahoyt :

Have a nice night...I have opted out

Customer :

No thanks i want to opp out

normanahoyt :

Ok, good night