Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

new car...hill (our driveway) when theres snow and ice

We need a new car. What's the best one for driving up a hill (our driveway) when there's snow and ice?
What are you looking to spend new or used?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

We would buy a new car, preferably a hybrid, but would consider used up to $25,000.
Ok best option would be a Hyundai Sante this will have all the items you are looking for and is AWD. For your price range I would definately test drive this vehicle.My wife loves hers. This is the next step. Hoped this helped . Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I should have asked if this car is fairly high off the ground--our present car scrapes in the middle sometimes. Also, I've read on this web site that AWD isn't worth it. Why?
Yes it fairly high . AWD is well worth it . It's very good in the snow and there are no issues with these failing . They make the 4wd and AWD drive models both very good in snow and ice.