DBranch, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Factory trained Silver Certified Land Rover Technician. 7 years of automotive experience.

My land rover discovery 2000 wont start..fuel come

my land rover discovery 2000 wont start. I put a new fuel pump,new battery, got a scaner but no codes come thru.alarm system is ok,and the fuel auto shot off is good. IN OTHER WORDS IT DOSN'T GET FUEL OR SPARK. COULD IT BE A SENSOR AND HOW CAN YOU CHECK THAT?

Welcome to JA.

You need to check the fuel pressure with a guage and check for spark. Most likely if you have done the pump then the crank sensor is bad. Ifyou dont have any spark then replace the sensor. It is located on the front of the drivers side bell housing right above the catalytic converter. Make sure that the spacers are put back on it on the outside if you replace it. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks Daniel

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I went to check fuel preasure but got nothing. do you know if the crank sensor, sends a signal to fuel pump as well.

No it doesnt. It will only cut out the spark. Check all of the fuses and switch the fule pump relay out with another relay of the same color. The relay should be a yellow relay in the underhood fuse box. It will have a gas pump symbol on the diagram for it. If that is not the issue then you will need to check the power to the fuel pump. If you dont ahve power then you will need to check the wires.