Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness

suggesting that I may be better off with a standard economy vehicle

Are you then suggesting that I may be better off with a standard economy vehicle. If so, which one.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ted G. replied 5 years ago.
If you are shopping for a smaller SUV you cannot go wrong with any of the Japanese versions from Toyota, Nissan, or Mazda. Jeep, Ford, and Chevy also offer good smaller SUV's. Stay away from Korean makes like the Sorento as they kind of go with the adage "you get what you pay for" . The problem with hybrids is they are more of a marketing gimmick than an actual solution to a problem. The offsets in energy savings and reduced pollution are minimal and unless each one is driven almost 100k miles they are actually dirtier and use more energy.