Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic
Experience:  35 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic
2617050

Where is the daewoo lanos PCV valve located

where is the daewoo lanos PCV valve located

Hello, sorry for the delay.

Standing along side of the front drivers fender and looking down at the rear of the hood you can get a glimpse of the pcv valve just about 2 - 3 inches below the manifold cover (about the center) , It is mounted on a bracket that has some leeway so that you can twist this bracket if necessary.

The pcv valve itself doesn't have mounting screws and only slides off this bracket via a rail.

I recommend spraying it with WD40 or "liquid wrench" as it will slide off much easier, Then just pop of the hoses and connector and replace,

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I found the same PCV valve on the online market (rockouto/deawoo motors america). So your answer looks correct the only problem is that comparing what is on the picture to what is in the car. I am seeing big difference. Here is the picture of the PCV valve in the car. Why this big diffrence. Any explantion. Am I looking in the correct place? How I can attach and mail a picture to you

On the tool bar at the top of this box, use the icon as shown below to upload the pic.

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
graphic

Thanks,

Yes, that is it....not sure why the difference. They might just be stock pics online, but if you order one for the correct year, you should get the right one.

Actually it shouldn't be the culprit leaking though....these valve cover gaskets and seals are by far the most common reason for it.....i realize it was replaced a year ago, but they are troublesome.

As you can see the holes in the center of the gasket are what seals it from getting oil onto the spark plugs, they tend to slip and then cause the leak.

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
any recomendation replacing the gasket.

Just be sure that the gasket gets secured to the cover real good to keep from sliding out of position before installing it :-)

Best wishes!

Please remember to click on accept so i receive credit. Even if you have a subscription. You will NOT be charged again.
You can always ask follow up questions even after you accept.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Following the vacuum hoses from the throttle I found where is the Valve- PCV mounted. This explains the difference between my and your picture and the real position of the Valve PCV. It is under the intake manifold - not easy to be seen but is exactly the same like the one on the Daewoo catalog. So I am not quite happy with your confirmation about the posision of the valve PCV but Thanks any way for trying to help me.

Wow, thats weird..... Glad you found it though!

Take care.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi

after twoo weeks of reviewing the ALLdata charts found tthat the name PCV valve can be used for two completely different parts:

- Positive crancase ventilation valve - PCV - valve

- Purge canister valve PCV

My question was about the location of the first one (positive crancase ventilation valve) and your answer was completely wrong teling me where is located the Purge canister vave.

Now you have two choices:

to give me the correct answer or to return my money back

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
The answer is not correct. I asked for issues related with oil liks and about Positive krancase ventilation valve but your answer was about the location of the purge canister valve.
FYI if you do not answer to my question in the next 24 hours I will instruct the bank to get the money I payed back
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi

- Purge canister valve PCV

So I am repeating my first question where is Daewoo Lanos 2000 Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve located.

The Positive crankcase vent valve IS what i answered to. The PURGE CANISTER VALVE is part of the fuel emissions system and does not have anything to do with the crank vent system and doesn't look anything like the crankcase valve.. I have opted out and opened your question back up. Don't reply back or it will lock it to me and will not be able to be answered by anyone else.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The valve on the picture in your initial answer cannot be Positive Crankcase ventilation valve. One side of the valve is connected to a vacume tube and the other is conected to the Vapore Canister. This valve is not connected any way to the Crankcase ventilation tubes.
I'll see if anyone else has info,,dont reply back or they wont be able to answer if they have info.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

FYI

If you zoom the picture of the valve you mailed to me on January 16, you will see the word CAN (Canister) written vertically to the lower tube connector. This is not to make mistake when connecting the valve. And the other tube connector must be connected to the throttle body vacuum tube