Clement
Clement, Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  VW, BMW & GM Holden factory trained, Diploma in IT
46976539

An airbag warning lighy showing on skoda Octavia diesel 06..glove

I have an airbag warning lighy showing on skoda Octavia diesel 06, What could it be and worst case scenerio please?
I have tried the switch in the glove box
Thanks
It could be any of your various SRS sensors and/or the actual airbag/s. You will have to get the car scanned for fault codes and then diagnosed further. Worst case scenario you may have to replace an airbag or squib if they are throwing 'open circuit' or 'high resistance' fault codes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
|Could it be the ECU, and what cost is ECU replacement
There is a possibility that it may be an ECU though that is usually the last thing to fail. You will be looking at a couple hundred dollars to get the ECU repaired and fixed or more to get it replaced with a new unit and coded to the vehicle. A scan of the vehicle will tell you more and you will find that it is more common to have a sensor or airbag failure.