Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

2000 range rover sport...temperature..my eas is not engaging

Customer Question

i have a 2000 range rover sport. only aquired recently. i love it but now that the temperature has dropped to 0 and below my eas is not engaging. i can put it inXXXXXto get up my 4.4 mile 4wheel drive road but without the suspension it sounds and feels awful...what do i do? am i damaging it by driving it on my road in snowy conditions? snowy, slick and cold...cindy in colorado
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi welcome to JA.com.I will answer your question the best I can,

Cindy on the suspension control switch is the 4 LCD level light ON

Regards Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what information do you need?
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Cindy i need to know if the 4 lcd light that tell you the hight possition are all on at the same time or if it on the low normal or high possition
Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes all of the indicator lights are on at the same time. i have had extremely low temps. here. i have over a foot of snow. the 4 wheel is working but with some difficulty getting it to engage. the automatic suspension is stuck in low and i have no clearance while attempting to drive myXXXXXroad. sorry if i have doubled up on info. just thought you might like all i have to offer at once...i have relocated the rover to face the sun but have no idea if it is because of the cold? so no idea if i will get any changes. i am about to go out now and take the manual to see if there is anything i can do to make things change. the eas fault light flashes when i start the engine as well as a new warning light that says 35mph only...
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Cindy .
If you have all the 4 LCD lights on this means you have more than two stored codes on the
Suspension system .

The only thing that you can do now is take it to a registered LR dealer to check the suspension system.

Why because they have the dealer diagnostic tool to check the suspension system for codes .

I don´t think this has anything to do with the.

When the 4 LCD light come on this will put you in the limp mode which as you now know will tell you not to drive faster than 35 MPH, this is so you don´t damage more that what is at fault at the moment . so pop over to the dealer and get this checked before you cause an expensive repair .

If after they check the system and they find you have expensive repairs to do to sort out this problem let me know and i can advise you on to repair this a lot cheaper.

Kind regards Greg