Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

forenza: shift..park in to gears..It acts like the shifter is locked

yes I have a 06 forenza, and the last week my car has gradually not wanting to shift out of park in to gears. It acts like the shifter is locked , and tonight it finally got stuck in park. It took all my strength to pull shifter into drive to make it home from store. Is this something major in transminision or a switch.Any help on this would be gratly appreicatd.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using justanswer. The Forenza (and Chevy Aveo) are made by Daewoo for these companies. Both of these cars have problems with the brake switch malfunctioning and causing the shifter not to work. Usually also causes brake lights not to work. The fix is to replace the brake light switch.