Neal
Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

Grand Voyager: plymouth..drives..had 11 serpentine..make noise

I have a 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager-which I love-drives & handles beautifully.Problem-it has now had 11 serpentine belts(the last 3 were grooved belts)and pulleys.The belts constantly make noise-even when nearly new.Sometimes it is extremely loud.Can anything be done about this? signed: Barbara e-mail"[email protected]"
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 6 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will try and help. I have had issues with the less expensive belts and now almost only use Goodyear Gatorback belts they are more money but I have had good luck with them. Also do a detailed inspection of the belt alignment and check all the pulleys for bad bearings or a bad belt tensioner. Especially the tensioner as it can appear to be ok yet still be weak and allow the belt to slip.